Monday, August 24, 2026

Of all the days the pacific northwest had to pacific northwest

I'm supposed to go hiking tomorrow. To a hike I haven't done in a long time - Reed Lakes. As of now, the weather looks to be rainy and cool and pretty much the opposite of what one would want the weather to be for a hike as beautiful as Reed Lakes. Like I tell everyone I know asking for a good hike in Alaska that Reed Lakes is one of the best. And now, some out of state friends are here and they want to do it and want me to go with them. And of course I'm going to go. But damn do I feel like they're going to be getting cheated out of some of the greatest scenery to be found. 

Also, I need to be waking up in like eight hours to get ready to head out for this hike. And, as it often goes, despite waking up early and being tired all day, as soon as it's time for me to actually lay in bed I suddenly feel wide awake. I've even done as much as I can for the morning to allow myself to sleep in just a little more, but it doesn't help relieve the anxiety about tomorrow being kinda miserable. And really, so much as no one gets injured, I can't really call it that miserable of a day. I'll get to hang out with friends I get to see like once every couple years and that's always awesome. But it really sucks when I brag about how awesome a place is and then when the chance comes to show it off, it ends up being the kind of weather that sucks out a lot of the awesomeness.  

Oh well. There's a reason no one talks about the great desert state of Alaska.  

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home