Little personal victory lap
Finally got my jog back up to three and a half miles, which to me is the point I like it at on the treadmill before I enter myself in any 5ks. Not that I have plans of entering into a 5k any time soon, but it's nice to feel like I could finish one if I did. Actually, I'm just waiting to find out if I'll be deploying in the near future and if not, I fully plan on signing up for the next 5k I can.
I've been trying to tell myself I don't actually like running - I'm just doing it cause I know it's good for me or to prove something to myself. But I think I actually do like it, at least somewhat. I've gotten to this point where when I get on the treadmill, I feel like it's just me vs. me and once I've gotten moving, I've already overcome the hardest part for myself (which is getting out of bed and getting on the treadmill).I really wish I could apply that mentality to other aspects of my life. But instead I often see it as me vs. those around me. And if I'm unsure of my chances at winning, I often just avoid whatever it is. Though really, ideally even, I wouldn't even see so many things as competition. But that's a whole other conversation.
Anyways, I finally feel like I'm getting back to being one of those annoying people that calls running a hobby again. And I like that feeling. Just hoping to keep with it (again).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home