Modest Mouse, 2nd time around
The first time I saw Modest Mouse was ten years ago when they played at Moose's Tooth. In all fairness, I went to the show in a rather unpleasant mood and drank way more than I should have in order to properly enjoy a show. That said, it was a rather lackluster show and I remember leaving feeling disappointed. They were, and still are, one of my top five favorite bands of all time and seeing a show in which it didn't seem to me that they didn't want to be there was a big letdown. So I was initially hesitant to buy tickets for this show at the Alaska state fair.
I'm so glad I decided to take a chance anyways. This show was easily one of the best concerts I've been to. This was almost like a completely different band.
They did a nearly two hour set and played songs from nearly every album they've released. Isaac Brock seemed to be honestly enjoying himself. Many of the songs they played seemed like slightly different versions than what was done in the studio - and while that may just be do to the band lineup changing, it's still something that I always think is a nice treat for live shows. There was good crowd engagement.I don't know, I feel like I could go on and on about the show, but doing so what be a lot of repetitive praise. I'm just glad I went. 10/10 show and given the chance, I wouldn't hesitate to go see them again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home