Thursday, August 27, 2026

First day of class

 Technically, Tuesday was the first day of class. But I was hiking, so today was the first day of class for me. And really, the first class I've had in a few years that wasn't online. And damn did I feel old. I think the professor was the only person in there older than me and even then it might be close. But whatever, I'm not there to worried about how old I am (as I had to constantly remind myself), I'm there to get through this class so I can eventually hopefully get my degree.

So anyways, there's an online message board everyone in class was supposed to use to post intros about themselves before the second day of class. Something I did do because I read the posted directions of what to do for the first week of class. Like 10 people posted an intro of themselves. So I thought this would be a small class. I was wrong. It's a full class of 30 kids. Well, 29 kids and me. Part of me is thankful for that - the more people, the easier it is to go relatively unnoticed. The other part of me though is less thankful for that. This is a math class. I suck at math. I'm going to need a lot of things explained to me multiple times. There just never seems to be much time for that in large classes.

Aside from that it's just weird being back at the UAA campus. Somewhere in my mind is a voice saying, "WTF? Should've been done with all this years ago." Somewhere else in my mind is that voice that reminds me I can't change the past, I can only work from this moment forward. And somewhere else in my mind is a voice wondering if I really couldn't have just done this class online and avoided all this weird mixed emotion altogether.

But whatever. I went to class and I've got the ball rolling. Hopefully I can keep it going.  

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home