Tuesday, October 06, 2026

I lied a little bit

 

I decided to do a little decorating for Halloween. Not a lot, but at least something to help the house feel a little more lived in. So far it doesn't seem to help much, but it doesn't seem to hurt either. And now that the decorations are up, they're going to stay up. Until Halloween. November 1st it all comes down and then it's bare walls again, at least until Christmas (unless I decide to go all bah humbug again this year).

I want to be more excited about coming home. I want to feel like I can call this place home. But the only excitement this place holds for me is that my bed is here. Otherwise I kind of feel like I've been house sitting for a friend that's been gone so long I call the place my own, but deep down I know that isn't true. And really, I want a place that I'm happy to show to people. I know I tend to do my socializing outside my home and I'm far too paranoid to want to have lots of people over weekend after weekend, but hosting the occasional game night (assuming I ever get the friends for it) would be fun. 

On the plus side, I'm not so desperate to avoid my home that I've become one of those guys that spends lots of needless hours at work just to not be at home. Granted, most those guys I know are avoiding their families more than their house itself, but I stand by my claim that at least I'm not one of them. 

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home