Saturday, September 26, 2026

Reality Fracture Prerelease after action report

TL;DR - I went 1-1-0 and quit early so I could get food before Eye Tooth closed. 

As mentioned yesterday, I made the mistake of scheduling a Dr appointment this morning. (The good news on that front is that the issue shouldn't require surgery or anything like that). I tried to nap later in the afternoon so I wouldn't be so tired at the prerelease, but I think I dozed off for all of ten minutes and that did more harm than good. Really, what I should've done is gone out and got some food, but I'm sure if I'd done that I'd just wish I had slept instead. C'est la vie. 

At the prerelease I was in a mixed mood. I was hungry and tired, but after opening some packs earlier in the day, I was a bit more excited for this set than I'd previously been feeling. Then I opened my prerelease kit. There was very little synergy for the supported archetypes. I ended up building a green/white deck with a splash of red. I was sure it would do horrible.

To my surprise, it did quite well in round one. Much better than I was thinking it would do. But then I got obliterated in round two. To a red/black deck that splashed some white. Red and black, the colors I already called out that would dominate sealed for this set. So losing round two as I did, and being as hungry as I was, I called the quits there. 

(Honestly, it's kind of hard for me to feel excited to continue you on after a round loss since none of the game stores around here offer prize support beyond first and second place, maybe third place. But there's no getting to those places when you lose in the first few rounds). 

So after getting food, I came home and checked the full list of cards that comprise this set and my suspicions were confirmed - the designers for this set gave black and red plenty of removal tools, but green and white are nearly completely missing the protection spells they normally get. But I'll rant about that later.

In game one of round two, I made a couple misplays that I think cost me the game, or at least a good chance at winning the game. Game two I didn't have a chance because my opponent had all the removal he could need and I just couldn't get shit going. 

Oh well, wasn't my best night playing Magic. Could've been worse. 

I also saw that the new season of the Great British Bake Off has started. I haven't decided how I feel about the judge taking Prue's place, but I'm still happy to have new GBBO to watch over the next couple months. Who knows, maybe this season will be the one to inspire me enough to actually do some backing of my own.

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home