Undercooked Onions
I made chili tonight. It did not turn out as well as it normally does. I guess that's what I get for not having made it in so long. At least it wasn't inedible and I've got lunch for most the week.
The problem with chili (as well as a few other dishes) is that it's great when I'm in the mood for it. But it doesn't take more than a couple days of eating it before the mood has left and then it becomes a chore to eat. And I've yet to find a way of making it than produces only a couple days worth.
The most obvious solution is freezing what I don't want, but then I run into the problem of not having lunches for the week. Which has the obvious solution of making a couple different dishes on Sunday night and I can freeze some and alternate the others to not get bored with the food so fast. But I just don't like cooking that much. I'm kind of jealous of those that do. Though to be fair, those that do enjoy it tend to be cooking for more than one.
I know, I'm complaining about a first world problem. It's just been a frustrating day. A lot of stupid little shit to inconvenience my day (like Firefox crashing right when I tried to submit a message board post for the last bit of homework I needed to do). I thought today would be a lot more relaxing than it turned out to be and now I'm trying to get things ready for work over the next 11 days (I'm working next weekend, so it's going to be 11 days until my next day off) and for all I've gotten done, I feel like there's still a bunch more to do.
At least the Bills won.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home