Thursday, July 30, 2026

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right

Last night, if I had to guesstimate, I got about five minutes of sleep.

The only reason I know I got any sleep at all is because I had a very vivid dream in which we went in World War III and the current government's plan for us to win was to use AI controlled robots that constantly patrolled US city streets making sure everyone they came across was a US citizen. All suspected non-citizens were immediately beaten and arrested. And the government assured is this was the way to win the war as bombs were being dropped on US soil and most people just went along with it. Thankfully, that was just a dream and something like that would never happen with this government, right? (RIGHT!?)

Anyways, got home from work today and immediately passed out for like four hours. Then woke up and thought about the days I sometimes did that as a drinker and I'd be bummed at myself for missing out on so much possible drinking time. Sometimes I'd pound a few as quick as I could to make up for it and sometimes I'd choose just to stay sober for the night so I could prove to myself I wasn't an alcoholic. (Which ironically is one of the signs a person might be an alcoholic).

Sad news I saw online while struggling to sleep last night - Glen Hansard died in a motorcycle crash. He wasn't necessarily a super influential musician for me, but The Frames and some of his solo work hold a special place in my heart that's associated with my time living in England. I also always thought he was the perfect style act for concerts at Bear Tooth. 

Today's song of the day is one of the first The Frames' songs I remember listening to quite a bit while driving around the English countryside by myself and contemplating what was to come of life.

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home