Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Ten minute drives that take twenty-five minutes

 I hate driving in Anchorage. I probably hate driving about anywhere though (which makes it a little ironic my dream life right now is just driving around the country in a van I live in).

The thing that drives me crazy in Anchorage is just how oblivious most drivers are to the other drivers around them. People in this city really be going 10+ mph below the speed limit in the left lane (and it's almost always a damn Subaru Forester!) only to cut across the right lane at the last second to make a right turn into some store parking lot. 

Then there's the ridiculous amount of times I've been stuck behind someone at a traffic light that needs 3+ seconds to realize the light has turned green. 

And I can't forget the jackasses that uses a lane that's going to turn into a turning lane to try and speed up pass all the slow traffic and cut someone off to merge back in with the traffic going straight. 

I'm not even going to get started on Dodge Ram drivers up here. 

Anyways, the thing I was thinking about today (and have thought about many times before) is how I need to learn to just let it go. I mean, I usually do eventually let it go, but it's an unhealthy process to get there. I scream at the other driver from the safety of my car while wishing them horrible pain with the worse language and then once I get to work I tend to have forgotten about it all. But I need to let it go much quicker than that.

As in I should be letting it go so quickly it's like I was never holding on to it at all. Life's too short for me to be letting strangers have so much control over my blood pressure. So much as there isn't an accident (and Hamlet isn't harmed if he's with me), then just move on. Most the time I'm going somewhere I don't really want to be anyways. 

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home