Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The more things change...

Back in April, when I sewed on master sergeant, I had to sign an agreement with the air force to do at least three more years. And I thought, why the hell not - things have been going good. I looked forward to doing at least three more years.

Lately though, ever day at work has felt like its own little prison. Don't get me wrong, it's not as my drinking days when I'd wonder if I wasn't better just driving off the bridge on the way into work so I wouldn't have to be there. I'd say this is more akin to my active duty days in which I was counting down the days until I'd be able to take off the uniform for good (or so I thought).

I don't like this feeling. I don't like being a guy just trying to get through each day until he can get to the weekend, just so he can spend the weekend dreading the next work week. At the same time, between leadership at the very top and a group of coworkers I have nothing to really talk about with, it's hard to not be in a dreadful mindset. 

I don't know, maybe I'm just in a slump. Despite trying to make sure I get out and do things this summer, in a lot of ways it feels like it's passing by too quickly with me having too little to show for it.  

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home