No time for writing tonight
But I'm gonna do a little bit anyways. Mostly because I'm procrastinating from studying for a test I have in the morning. Which the professor says the test isn't that big of a deal but also it's a significant portion of our grade. But she's often confusing like that. Thankfully, that's offset by the general awkwardness of being the oldest person in the classroom and surrounded by a bunch of kids.
Honestly, it feels pretty weird at this point in my life to even mention going to class or taking tests. Like somewhere in my head is a voice that says if I couldn't have finished my schooling by now, I should have just quit. There's also a voice that says I'm an idiot for going to an actual university with actual standards (not very high standards, but standards nonetheless) and not just some sham university that works with the military and practically gives their degrees away. But that's a blog for another time.
And speaking of blogs, I think I've been doing pretty good at staying consistent in writing in this thing. I do still struggle with being a bit too mindful in what I write though as I'm aware of some of the people that may read it and I'm always worried about hurting/offending them. I really got to get over that though. Not to say I should write with intent to hurt/offend anyone, but more that I feel I'm doing best when I'm being honest about my thoughts, feelings, etc.
I think another issue with this thing is the inconsistency in what I write about. Unless I did something personally significant that day (hike, 5k, Magic event, etc.), there's no rhyme or reason - it's just whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Which I guess has worked to keep me writing in here, but if I'm using this thing to try and build some sort of self-discipline for someday writing something that really means something to me (i.e. a novel). So I'm toying with the idea in my head of putting a little more organization into this thing, I'm just not sure how. I still want whatever I post to be related to my life - I have no illusions of being an actual blogger (how is "blogger" even an actual word?) that focuses on writing on one topic and gets compensated for it. This thing serves for practice and to some degree, my ego, but overall I'd still like it to be a hodgepodge of all the weird elements of my life and pointless thoughts I have about the world at large. I just want it to be a little more organized/planned out. I don't know, I'll think of something. Hopefully maybe.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home