Saturday, October 03, 2026

It's not delivery, it's depression

 

This is my sad single meal. There's some rice down there, some store brand shredded lettuce, and store brand pre-made pork carnitas meat. I call it my sad-single meal because I only have it when I fail to plan for my dinner properly or my plans fail. 

Tonight, it was the latter. My plan had been to go to a burger place right off base during my lunch. They make good burgers and great milk shakes. It was the milk shake I was really looking forward to, but I knew I'd want food too. However, just a couple hours into my shift, it looked like we were gonna be done early today. So I decided to skip lunch thinking I could just grab the burger and shake on the way home. We did not leave work early and I did not go grab a burger on the way home. Instead I had to go by Fred Meyer and get the stuff for this. It's quick, it's easy, and it goes well with an awkward silence.

It's also the kind of meal that when I finish, I kind of but not fully hate myself for eating. Like there's got to be so many better options, yet out of pure convenience I settled for that one. It's also the kind of meal that tends to get me thinking about mistakes made and wondering where I'd be had I never made them. Or maybe if I'd just made them at a different time.

I know I had a lot of cheap and easy meals back when I was drinking, but I didn't have this one. Pretty sure if I did it would've been my go-to drunk meal (not counting when I just ordered delivery, which was my favorite drinking meal). 

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home