Once again, my job crushes my soul
I had quite the diatribe prepared in my head for tonight. First I was gonna talk about this really cringy crush I had in high school where I was just too dumb to see the signs this girl wasn't into me. And then I was going to compare it to a crush I have in my current life and how I find myself once again not seeing the signs. At least until recently (and even then we can't be sure I'm completely passed the crush). And then I was going to finish things off with some remorseful paragraph about how much it sucks to realize someone isn't into you when you were at one point so sure they were.
I'm telling you, it would've been one of my best posts yet.
But then I got stuck at work late. Not even that late, like 30 minutes. But it was enough to throw off my writing mojo by like a mile. (It probably doesn't help that someone at work had baseball on the TV most the night).
I guess I didn't really have to write anything, but then that defeats the purpose of this exercise/experiment/whatever the fuck I'm doing.
Anyways, guess it's (past) time to go lay down, stare at the ceiling, and wonder if I should be admonishing myself for continually making the same kind of mistake for over 30 years or congratulate myself for being so consistent. I'll probably do both.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home