Oh the nature we will know
I saw this black bear while walking Hamlet today. And while normally I'd say seeing a black bear in Alaska isn't at all uncommon or maybe not even one in Anchorage, I would say seeing one in the heart of Anchorage, where I was walking is quite uncommon. I've lived in this house nearly twelve years and this is my first time seeing one over here.
And to think, had my treadmill not decided to quit working this morning, I may have not been in the right place at the right time to catch a glimpse of this little guy. Of course the treadmill thing might become a more annoying issue in the coming weeks/months, but I did some research and ordered some stuff and I'm hoping I can get it back to working on my own before any drastic measures must be taken.
Sometimes I really do find it absolutely amazing that I can step outside my door and within five minutes of walking, I'll be on a paved trail where I might see moose, foxes, otters, muskrats, and the occasional bald eagle. And now even possibly black bears. Pretty awesome to be surrounded by so much nature while still being less than a five minute drive away from a major shopping center or the nation's highest grossing independently owned pizzeria (depending on which direction I want to drive). Though it would be even more awesome if I could find one of them wild and super rare briefcases full of cash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home