Maybe someday eventually
Nothing much to write about. First day back to work in over two weeks. It was simultaneously worse and better than I expected.
I did call a doctor's office to make an appointment today. Just for an annual physical (which I haven't done in a few years), but I figure I should start there before moving on to anything else. And it felt good, it felt like a step in the right direction. The problem for me though is that I'm inpatient and whenever I make a step in the right direction, it's not long before I find myself frustrated that everything else hasn't already magically fallen into place for me.
I've never been good with time management. Like I've always felt like I'm in a rush to get through things and as soon as I realize I can't rush them, I abandon them. But I think that habit of mine has gotten even worse as I've gotten older. And now it feels like if I can't rush something, it's not worth my time because I'm not sure how much time is remaining, so if I'm going to make any goals, they need to be obtainable quickly.
And I really need to learn to slow down a bit. Not so much "enjoy the process" but at least accept the process.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home