Compared to my time management, my money management isn't that bad
I don't know where all the time goes. It absolutely baffles me how I feel I have so little time to do the things I want to do, especially during the work week. I swear when I was younger there was always so much more time, even when I was active duty. I remember working at Lakenheath and often putting in 10-hr work days, living 30 min from base, taking classes that took up my evenings, and still finding me-time most days. And I feel like I just don't get that anymore.
These days I wake up close to 9 am, I work out, and then by the time I'm done getting ready for work, it's time to go to work. Then I get maybe an hour or so when I get home before I should be getting to bed to get a decent night's sleep and most of that is spent tidying up and trying to get a few things ready for the next day so I have a little less to worry about in the morning.
I do know that some of my "lost" time is due to trying to get proper sleep (i.e. 7-8 hours) as I've gotten older, as opposed to the 5-6 hours I felt was OK when younger. But I still feel like there's a couple more hours in the day that have gone missing for me over the years.
And really, I think a lot of what it is, is that just like my money, I nickle and dime my time away. Even without Facebook and Instagram, I find myself giving up five or ten minutes just doomscrolling on my phone. Multiple times a day. Then there's the "I just need to rest for a minute" breaks that turn into fifteen minutes of staring off into nothing. But on the other hand, a lot of those "nickels and dimes" of time can't really just be added together into one block of time for doing something else. Fifteen minutes wasted before work can't be added to fifteen minutes wasted after work to give myself thirty minutes to sit down and watch a show. Which makes time management feel all the more pointless. So much as I'm making it to work on time, everything else feels kinda secondary.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home