Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday evening? Again? So soon?

 I feel like I just got done with a whole lot of meal prepping and pre work anxiety, yet here I am again. Thought I'd get a lot more done today too, but instead I struggled to get out of bed this morning as my body reminded me I did an 8.5 mile hike yesterday. But these days I consider hiking my most important weekend priority, so if that's all I do for the weekend, that's OK. It was so nice out today I almost considered doing another short hike despite how my legs felt. But I knew I'd regret that tomorrow when I had no lunch and suddenly I was spending $20 a day for the week to eat. 

I did kinda work on the home office today. Barely. I took down some shelves that were in there that my exgf had left behind. Kinda bittersweet when I do things like that. 

Originally, I'd kept the shelves (cubbies really) because there was no reason not to. They worked and I didn't have any sentimental attachment to them. But somehow taking them apart put an awkward attachment to them. Like this weird reminder of how different our respective decorating styles are. Granted, I wouldn't say I have a decorating style other than I either don't like something or it works for what I need and doesn't hurt my eyes so I'll get it.

Anyways, there's a little more room in the room that will be the office now. In fact, there should be enough room for me to put my bookshelves in there now. Of course, that means I'll have to get them downstairs, which will be the tricky part.  I might have to invite a friend over to help, but then if I'm suddenly willing to start inviting people over, what was the point of getting rid of the game room? Life is quite the juxtapositional conundrum.

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home