Baseball is boring
I honestly don't get the appeal. And when I tell people, they say something like, "yeah, it's boring on TV, but you gotta go to an actual game and then it's not boring." No. It's boring as a sport. There's next to no strategy involved. Maybe you swap a pitcher out vs a certain batter and have your in field back up by about ten feet or so when you're up by only one run and they have a runner on first and their hitter known for hitting line drives is up. That's it, that's the extent of strategy in baseball. And I nearly fell asleep writing that sentence.
It makes sense it's America's game though. Billions of dollars exchanged for a subpar experience in which men that look like everyday average joes are considered elite athletes. The major test of skill is between two men, but eight other men get credit for it. And the manager is a completely unneeded position, yet we keep it there because we just don't know what else to do with the guy that occupies it.
If major league baseball went away tomorrow, I would never know it went away. Even though that means missing out on an item on my bucket list! That's just how boring it is.
Anyways, I'd like to thank the TV show Seinfeld for teaching me all there is to know about baseball. Go cubs!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home