Friday, September 25, 2026

Someday I'll be better at planning ahead

On most weeknights, I get off work at 11 pm. I usually don't get to bed until around 130 am though. Two days a week, I have to be at class at 1130 am. The other three days, I have to be at work by 230 pm, though I'm usually there a little earlier. So on most nights, I'm usually able to get 6-7 hours of sleep. I could probably get more a lot of times, but it takes me FOREVER to get ready in the morning. Mostly due to my first hour of being up I'm not really awake and I'm moving like a zombie, and that's without being hungover (it was way worse in my drinking days). I also enjoy not feeling rushed in the morning, even if that means feeling a little more tired (and that tiredness usually goes away after that zombie hour).

On my days off, I like to sleep in a little more. I know the medical community recommends keeping the same schedule, but they also recommend lots of other things I like to ignore.

Anyways, the point to saying all that is because I took tomorrow off. Mostly so I could go play in the pre-release for the new Magic set. But I also made a mistake - I scheduled a Dr appointment at 10 am. Meaning I have to get up much earlier than I would like, especially for it being a day off. 

When the Dr office called, they said they had a 1 pm and 10 am available. And for some reason, my brain thought 1 pm would be too late for me to have enough time to get ready for the Magic pre-release. That starts at 6 pm. 

I'm also questioning if I needed to schedule it at all. The appointment is for some pain in my shoulder looks to be from a benign issue that should fix itself over time. But because I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, I wanted to be sure and see a specialist. Also, I want to be sure I can return to BJJ with this issue. That doesn't mean I will, I just want to know that I can.

It's also too late now to reschedule unless I want to incur a no-show fee. And I just don't have that kind of money to throw around right now. 

So instead of sleeping in tomorrow, I will be waking up early. Hopefully being extra tired brings me luck for the pre-release (which I've never heard of being the case, but there's got to be a first at some point).

Song of the Day 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home