Should've called in sick
Today was a training day at work. Which for me and my office, meant we didn't have much of anything to do. Normally, when I know there's a training day coming up, I call in sick. But because I'm feeling especially masochistic lately, I decided to go in to work.
It was so slow we watched a movie. Not Another Teen Movie to be exact. And I gotta say, that movie holds up, at least for a xennial like me.
Anyways, Monday through Thursday, there's an evening meeting I'm usually expected to go to. And any time I call in sick and say someone else has to cover for me, I get a bunch of shit about it from my active duty counterparts. Which, to a degree, I get - someone not expecting to stay late suddenly has to stay a little late. But also, to be fair, they're all SNCOs and can easily take the time off somewhere else. Still, I hate hearing the whining, even when it's in jest (because most jest has some truth to it), so even though I really didn't want to be at work today, I went in.
And because of the training day, the evening meeting was cancelled.
Funny enough, I had a feeling that would happen. I should've trusted my instinct, but I feel like when I often do that, things turn out the opposite for me.
I'm just so tired of work these days and even though I just had two weeks off not that long ago, a spontaneous day off really could've helped my mood. I could've gotten a god amount of school reading done in the comfort of my home and then played some video games. Or, I could've just spent the whole time playing video games!
Regardless, the point is that earlier today I had an opportunity to give myself some dedicated me-time. And I blew it. On the plus side, I already put in for Friday off, but that's for social me-time and while I look forward to it, before too long I'm gonna need to find me a work day to play hooky and enjoy doing whatever the hell I want. (And let's be honest, there's a certain element of playing hooky that makes that alone time better than other planned alone time).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home